- Managing Partner, 1980
300 Lafayette Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Self Employed, Managing Partner/Attorney - 1980 - Present
The focus of the firm's practice has consisted of personal injury cases since its inception. Since 2005, the focus of the firms practice has also included Hurricane related property damage claims, Hurricane related wrongful death claims, and class actions/mass torts.
Mr. DiLeo, since his admission to practice in 1980, has engaged in civil litigation, has tried several jury trials, bench trials in personal injury cases, and has obtained the reversal and/or affirmation of cases involving the expansion of personal injury damages before the state appellate courts (Broome v. Gauthier, ((La. App., 4th Cir. 11/10/83) 443 So.2d 1127, (successfully extending mental anguish damages to uninjured victims, owners of property damages, who are present to see and experience the destruction of their property); and State Supreme Court (Jones v. Thomas, ((La. 1983)) 426 So.2d 609, holding that workmen’s compensation tort immunity does not extend to and exclude all intentional acts).
Mr. DiLeo's involvement in class action and mass joinder cases has provided him with expertise in case management, fact and expert discovery, steering committee administration, the proof of claim process, class action/mass joinder trials, and the role, mechanism and operation of Plaintiff Steering Committees.
Mr. Di Leo maintains an AV rating with Martindale-Hubbell (Lawyers.com).
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury 80%
- Insurance Litigation and Bad Faith Insurance Practices 10%
- Premises Liability 2%
- Class Actions 5%
- Environmental and Toxic Torts 3%
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1980
- Honors: Moot Court Board Advisor
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.A. - 1977
- Major: English/Creative Writing
- Louisiana, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1980
- Louisiana Association for Justice (LAJ), Board of Governors, 1981 to 2012
- American Bar Association, Member, 1981 to 2012
- AV rating with Martindale-Hubbell
Classes & Seminars
- "Effective Mediation Techniques and Presentations", Mediation & Professional Services, Inc., 2008
- "Litigating Bad Faith Insurance Claims", National Business Institute, 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, St. Pius X Conference President, 1999
- Ozanam Inn, Board of Directors, Vice-President, 1999
- Chalona et. al. vs. Louisiana Property Insurance Company
- Orrill, et. al. v. AIG, Inc., et. al.
- Broome v. Gauthier , 1984, Louisiana Supreme Court, 445 So.2d 449
- Duplessis v. Turner and Metro Disposal, Duplessis v. Turner, Metro Disposal, Inc., Scottsdale Insurance Company and First Mercury Ins. Co., 2018, Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal, State of Louisiana, NO. 2018-CA-1081
- Tillman v. Schneider National , SCOTT W. TILLMAN v. LAWRENCE P. JOSEPH, SCHNEIDER NATIONAL CARRIERS, INC., LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY, SCHNEIDER NATIONAL BULK CARRIERS, INC. AND SCHNEIDER NATIONAL, INC., 2017, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal, State of Louisiana, Case No: 17-CA-94
- Stephenson v. Hotard, Obadiah Stephenson, Jr. v. Bryce W. Hotard, Sunbelt Rentals, Inc. and Travelers Ins. Co. of America, 2019, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, State of Louisiana, NO. 2016-2900
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, 1996 to 1997
Fraternities and Sororities
- Delta Theta Phi